Friday, July 08, 2005

New Patent

A new patent has appeared describing what appears to be the Revolution controller with haptic feedback. You can check it out here. I'll be reading it also so I will update whe n I am done.

Patent

UPDATE

Well, it appears it is a controller, however, I do not believe it is registered by Nintendo. This is all very confusing. But it appears the controller has a slider, a trackball, and haptic feedback in both the analog stick and the d-pad. I know that the comments under this post will describe it better because people are alot smarter than me at figuring patents and such out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I used to write patents for Motorola. I looked at the technical documents and the design of it is clearly a Nintendo design. Though, it's registered to IMMERSION, who specializes in force feedback technology. So, is Nintendo pairing up with them for the new controller? Also, look at the design, if that's the controller, the button layout is not the best for twitch fighting games. Looks like they're not learning a lesson. Unless using ON, you can look like a moron in your living room punching air and trying not to fall into something.

7/09/2005 12:29 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Well a blog by KingDea said a trackball instead of a C stick and he also states Feedback technology where it can force the controller left like if an explosion blows up on the right in a game the controller shifts left.

7/09/2005 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nintendo has partnered with Immersion. And you can see that many patents filed by Nintendo recently, have Immersion as the people who invented it. So this is definetly worth looking into!

7/09/2005 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe this for a second, because for starters the pictures show it connecting to a computer. Two I think this would be a horrible idea for a controler and I think Nintendo will be smarter than to use an idea like this.

7/09/2005 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God! I just saw the coolest blog in the world. It was so awesome, I loved it. I literally fell in love with it and licked by computer for hours. Yeah...

nintendofun.blogspot.com

7/09/2005 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt know Nintendo was partnered with Imersion.

7/11/2005 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home